Saturday 22 December 2012

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe - Which one do I choose?



With the New Years almost here, we are entering into the biggest weight loss and get healthy season on the year. This means from the gyms, at Walmart, the Natural Nutrition shop and people, there is going to be Nutrition and nutritional products everywhere. Work out books, workout clothes and different workout equipment will be thrown down your throat at every turn.  How do you know what is right and what is good. Unforntuently there are some dishonest companies and only moneymakers out there so we all need to be aware.

In big box gyms, their Personal Training and membership goals are the highest of the year and the pressure is on them and therefore it is on you, the person looking for information. I have seen Single’s Clubs, Seniors Clubs, Mom and Me Clubs and everything in between. I have been in the health and wellness industry for almost 10 years and I have seen a lot of ways to get the consumer to buy into a certain product or service.



How can you enter this January making the right decision for YOU and not being forced or persuaded to do what “they” think is best for you. Here are a few helpful hints to make this January a little less stressful and encourage you to get on the right path to your health and wellness goals:




1. Do your research.  I cannot stress this enough. Check into the company, look into the testimonials (even ask for refereces) and most importantly the ingredients (on nutritional products). They are numerous companies out there that claim some amazing things. Lose weight but don’t change the way you eat or exercise!! Take this pill and you will be in the best shape of your life!! Wrap your belly with a miracle wrap to lose your cellulite!! I would love this to be true, I really would. I always said if I could create a pill that solved all our weight and health problems, I would be a zillionaire! The truth is that you need to change SOMETHING in order to get SOMETHING.



 2. Choose something that is going to work for you!! This is so important. As a personal trainer, I see people fail often because they did something that they THOUGHT would be right for them and in the end, it was not and they were not successful. I could probably convince you of anything but the fact is, it has to be right! If you love to run, join a running group. If you love classes, pick up a gym membership but say no to the personal training.  If you live alone, overhauling the way you eat and spending hours in the kitchen probably is not the best idea. But YOU know what is best. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise.


3. Don’t buy something and let it gather dust in the corner. The health and fitness industry is a billion dollar industry and a lot of the money is made on people’s hopes and dreams. That treadmill or those hand weights that you bought with high hopes to use are still sitting in the box. Going back to tip #1 and #2, make the right decision for you after doing the research.



            4.  Focus on 1 or 2 goals. Again, I spoke about this in one of my recent blogs, choose 1 or 2 resolutions ONLY and stick with them. If you want to lose weight, quit smoking, quit drinking and save money, you may be successful for a week or so but chances are something will give and then EVERYTHING will. Start smaller and work towards each goal.


               5.    Remember almost all products, services and equipment have success stories.  I don’t say this to bring you down or not believe it is possible, however most of these products, services and equipment are successful for some. But going back to tip #2 – its got to work for you. I have had many many success stories from my personal training clients. I have had  amazing life changing stories with my nutritional products. I believe they work and can do amazing things, however so do all the others which is why it is so confusing. If Hoodia didn’t have success stories, no one would have bought it (granted no one would have died either but that’s another story all together). The Atkins diet, Paleo Diet, BodybyVi, Boot camps – they all have their successes and they all have some failures as well. SO going back to the beginning and after doing your research, you decide what is best for you. You can be a success story as well, you just need to figure out what works.



If you have tried everything and still “nothing” has worked, maybe it is time to speak to a professional and see what your options are.

I wish you all the best in January and beyond.  I am very passionate about health and wealth and want to help as many people as I can live the life they want. This sometimes means moving aside and letting someone or something else provide that person with the solution.  If you are interested in learning more about me or my business, please lets connect at Lindsay.hack@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment