Thursday 20 December 2012

Staying on track with your Home Business


Morningg Rush Hour image courtesy of EA / FreeDigitalPhotos.net


When working from home in a Network Marketing Business or Home –based business, the freedom of scheduling is in your hands. It is an amazing feeling to not have to “clock in”, sit on the bus, battle traffic or panic when your childcare is closed for the day. Working from home gives you the freedom to do more with your day.

The down side of working from home or having the freedom to work from anywhere is that often we work from EVERYWHERE. The topic of my last blog was about multitasking, and how it doesn’t really work. I find there are times when my work invades everything else in my life.

Other distractions also tend to get in the way. The laundry, the cooking, the kids and all the time wasting activities around the house. The most important aspect of working from home is scheduling. If you schedule your day right, you will get the work you need to accomplish done. You can then continue to tick off boxes on the “to do” list and then spend quality time elsewhere AS WELL.

Organization Development Plan Image courtesy of basketman / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

“Organization isn't about perfection; it's about efficiency, reducing stress and clutter, saving time and money and improving your overall quality of life.”

So where do you begin to ensure that you are organized and getting quality done over quantity and still getting the other important stuff done??

Prioritization!!

Below is a simple To-Do list that you should try to accomplish every single day you are working.

 
Right sign Image courtesy of digetalert / FreeDigitalPhotos.net



§  Create one piece of content every day. This can be on your blog or Facebook articles. Keeping it fresh is very important.

§  Average about 30 minutes per day on doing marketing. Spending time organizing your plan of attack and what marketing strategies you will use.

§  Average at least 15 minutes to get into the right mind-set. I am sure you have heard a positive person can be more productive. Well that is true, and in addition a person in the correct mind-set will be more successful.

§  Do affirmations and repeat them often. This took me a little to get used to. I am not really an affirmation type person but I found the days I didn’t follow this, I was not as successful as the days I did. An affirmation is a very simple saying that you can say to yourself that will pump you up and get you ready to take on the day. These can change depending on your day or the same one each time.

§  Meditation and focus. Some people meditate while doing yoga. I do my best work while I am running. I write blogs in my head and when I get back, put them into print. I think of new ideas and write emails. That is my mediation. I love the feeling of being free.

§  Make connections with at least 20 people every day. This is on-line and off-line. Both are very important.

§  Plan your day for tomorrow. This may sound silly but when you have your lunch packed, your clothes picked out and your coat, boots and gloves ready, the morning out the door is much smoother. The same does with your workday. If you plan the day the night before, you will be more productive and have a smoother day.

§  Take breaks and get out of the house. It is very important to take a breather, get some exercise and some air. This is true for any job weather you are inside the house or not. 




Good luck and remember it is quality over quantity! Rather then work EVERYWHERE, plan to work well and with focus, your success with be higher in all aspects of your life.

If you are interested in learning more about me or my business, please send me an email Lindsay.hack@gmail.com or visit www.Evolve4You.com

No comments:

Post a Comment