Monday 10 December 2012






The First Rule……

The first rule of Network Marketing is you don’t talk about Network Marketing. The second rule of Network Marketing is you DO NOT talk about Network Marketing.


When you read that first line does it evoke any memories or feelings? I automatically think abut the sexy Brad Pit and Fight Club.  I love that movie! It is fun and interesting with a great twist at the end. You may be thinking you need to go rent (is renting movies even possible anymore) Fight Club or you my just pass over it and move on.
My story is two fold. By making a connection to the movie Flight Club, it may have got you thinking about Brad Pitt (yummy) or fighting or life in general since the movie was about life really. You may have thought; ‘I have never seen that movie maybe I should see it’. A simple reference does that to us all. So what does that have to do with Network Marketing? The answer is simple: EVERYTING. Network Marketing is exactly that; a suggestion, a recommendation, a referral to try a product or buy something. Network Marketers are telling people about their business and hoping they will share it with others as well.
We rely on word of mouth in every business. I just recently got an email from my Real Estate agent who bought us a subscription to Toronto Life as a thank you and at the bottom in his signature it said, “Please don’t keep me a secret”. He is asking for referrals. Of course if he provided excellent service and went above your expectations, you would tell everyone you knew about him (BTW DavidDutton.ca, amazing service and goes the extra mile to find you the perfect place to call home). That is how businesses work. I use to work for the largest fitness club in Canada and in the Personal Training department we would give referral bonuses to our clients who gave us friends, family and coworkers who wanted to get the great results they were getting. We would give a discount to the referral person and a discount to the referrer. What better way to get more business! Whether it’s a real estate agent, a personal trainer or a Network Marketer, we all need referrals. It is the lifeline of our business. Just as the mention of Fight Club might have evoked you to go see the movie again or for the first time, a suggestion to use a product or to buy something works the same way. It evokes an emotion, a memory that brings you to a decision. Go watch the movie or move on without another thought.
This brings me to my next point. I picked this quote to use because I love the movie but also because it really fit with my initial experience with Network Marketing. Don’t talk about Network Marketing…..I was embarrassed. Even though I had decided to get involved with my primary networking company, I was embarrassed about the negative beliefs people had about MLM companies and thought they would think poorly of me. I won’t lie, I had them as well. BUT I decided that my ignorance of the hows and whys of MLM was to blame. I didn’t really understand it. So I decided I either needed to give it up or learn as much as I could about MLM. I read every book and article I could, I attended webinars and spoke to other MLM coaches. The more knowledge I got, the more potential I saw. MLM is no different then asking for a referral. Telling friends, family, co-workers and even strangers about an amazing product. If you got into MLM without doing the research I highly recommend taking some time to learn more. It makes a huge difference. Now I can tell people with confidence that I am in the right business. I love what I do; I have the freedom to do more and will continue to grow. The best part is, similar to the decision about watching Fight Club or not, it is up to you! Either read, listen and ask questions or move on.
You can decide:
http://LSH.mlmleadsystempro.com

No comments:

Post a Comment